How to Wear a Mask Properly
Do's and Don'ts for wearing a mask properly
Wear a mask properly
- Wash your hands before and after.
- Wear a mask snugly.
- Cover your mouth AND nose.
- Reusable masks should be washed every day.
- Avoid touching your mask while wearing it.
Don't wear a mask improperly
- Don’t leave your nose, mouth or chin uncovered. Wear a mask snugly.
- Don’t rest your mask under you chin.
- Do not remove your mask to talk with someone.
- Don’t wear a a damaged mask.
- Don’t use on children under age 2.
A snugger fit is more effective
- A mask is designed to filter particles from your respiratory system.
- If you have gaps on the side, top, or bottom of the mask, it will not be as effective.
- Keep your mask clean by not touching it or adjusting it too often.
- Discard single use masks and wash reusable masks.